Friday, January 3, 2014

New PowerPC Blog!

So I was cruising around the internets, and in my habitual browsing I came across powerpc-liberation.blogspot.ca, a spiffy new blog about our beloved computing platform. It's surprisingly in-depth and comprehensive for such a young blog, with posts about Debian 7, all kinds of content on video playback, an amusing post about scrolling vs. page up/page down...

Wait. That sounds suspiciously like Zen's blog at http://powerpcliberation.blogspot.ca/. In fact, it is his blog, lifted word for word except for the "-" between powerpc and liberation. With ads, too! Well, well, it seems we have a copycat among us. As soon as I got over the hurt that my blog wasn't copied, I got righteously indignant. This is about as blatant a case of theft as there is.

So Zen wrote about this on his blog, and I'm just passing on the warning. To all the PowerPC bloggers out there, it's probably a good idea to google your blog every now and then to see if someone out there is ripping off your content.

The really disappointing thing is the imposter didn't have the guts to copy Zen's last post ripping him a new one. As long as you're gonna steal word-for-word...

1 comment:

  1. Well, if you jealous, I can start a blog called ppc-luddite.blogspot.com and copy everything...except this post... :D Lololol

    But in all seriousness, I hate it when people rip off other peoples' hard work, and then put adds on it to make money. Yeesh what a dip-wad.

    ReplyDelete